Actors, Artists, Artisans and Authors
While the Gibbs families have a rich history of Merchants, Bankers, Soldiers and Clergy, many cousins have channelled their energies into other creative careers or hobbies. To kick this off I have listed a few that I know of, but please do let me know of other family members who would like to be recognised for their talents here, so that we can all share in the creativity of our cousins.
- Pip Bagnall is an English actor, born in Peru, where his parents Claire and Simon are back working with the church. He is currently producing a play about Conchita Cintron, the Latin bullfighter, and in discussions with various venues and festivals in South America for a tour in 2019.
- Polly Misch graduated from RADA and recently completed her first professional tour with Jane Austin’s Emma. All the family went to see her last night at the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
- Charlie Gibbs-Henny, Sarah’s son, plays drums and vocals in a Brighton band called Jipsy Magic, and got married last year to Holly.
- Tom Misch is having great success with his Tom Misch Band, filling a Somerset House concert in July, has a great new single about living “South of the River” in London and an album “Geography” pending, and about to tour Europe and USA.
- Laura Misch often accompanies brother Tom on sax, released her own jazz album “Playground” last year, touring UK and playing at Royal Albert Hall
- Tony Gibbs has released his first novel, Soul Mates – “ seamless integration of science fact and supposition” as a motoring accident changed everything for Tom. Available on Amazon. Tony mentioned that his nephew Ian (son of Raymond) had just launched a novel on Amazon, but I don’t have any details.